Keeping Children Safe at Balshaw's
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2020 we do everything possible to prevent people who pose a risk of harm from working with children in our school. We adhere to Safer Recruitment and Selection guidelines. We incorporate measures into our recruitment and selection procedures that help to deter, reject or identify people who may abuse children or who are otherwise unsuited to work with them.All staff play a part in keeping children safe whilst working in or visiting the school site.
At Balshaw’s High School, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children as our highest priority. We expect everyone to share this commitment.
Our key contacts in school for Safeguarding are:
Where Can I Access Support?
- Lancashire Children's Social Care 0300 123 6720, firstname.lastname@example.org, (out of hours 0300 123 6721)
- Lancashire Police 101 or 999 in an emergency
- Missing People Charity 116 000
- Childline 0800 1111
- NSPCC 0808 800 5000 (adults who are concerned about a child) www.nspcc.org.uk
- Samaritans 116 123
- Mental Health Support
- Anxiety UK 03444 775 774 www.anxietyuk.org.uk
- Papyrus 0800 068 41 41 www.papyrus-uk.org
- CALM (aimed at men aged 15-35) 0800 58 58 58 www.thecalmzone.net
- SANE 0300 304 7000 www.sane.org.uk
- Men’s Health Forum www.menshealthforum.org.uk
- Mental Health Foundation www.mentalhealth.org.uk
- MIND 0300 123 3393 www.mind.org.uk
- No Panic 0844 967 4848 www.nopanic.org.uk
- Young Minds – Parent helpline 0808 802 5544 www.youngminds.org.uk
- Time to Change https://www.time-to-change.org.uk
- Lifestyle Central https://www.life-central.org (there is a Life Central App that you can download)