Balshaw's Association PTA
The aim of the Balshaw’s Association (PTA) is to help provide a link between home and school whilst at the same time raising much needed funds to update equipment and resources to give our students the best opportunity of reaching their full potential at Balshaw’s. Over the past few years, the PTA has helped fund a number of projects such as a new PA system for the hall, new football kits, an Apple Mac Music suite for the music department and 20 new PCs in the geography department, to name just a few. We’ve also been able to support local charities such as St Catherine’s Hospice and Derian House.
The PTA is a registered charity (charity number 1176684) which means that we have the opportunity to work with school to apply for grant funding to assist with some of the larger, longer term projects that ordinarily would have to be put aside due to a lack of funding.
The PTA committee are a very dedicated, hard working group of individuals who are totally committed to achieving its aspirations to support the education of the students at Balshaw's. However, we cannot do any of it without your continued support. We appreciate that not everyone enjoys getting involved in committee meetings or organising events but if you’d like to then you’d be most welcome! We usually meet on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm in school. You will find details on the school website or you can contact myself or school if you have any questions or are interested in joining us. Otherwise, we’d just love you to come along to some of our fantastic events. With events like our Pub Quiz Nights, Easter Bingo, Family Fun Days and Race Nights, there’s something for all the family to enjoy. The role of the PTA is important, not only as a fundraiser, but also as a chance for parents, teachers, governors and students to work together for the good of the school.
We’re always on the lookout for raffle/tombola prizes too so if you have any unwanted gifts or donations such as unopened toiletries, chocolate or wine please remember the PTA!
Balshaw's Association PTA Meetings
All are welcome to attend the Balshaw's Association PTA meetings. Where possible, the agenda for the meetings will be published here in advance.
- Wednesday 2nd October - AGM Meeting. Minutes can be found here and the Chairman's Report here
- Wednesday 6th November - Minutes can be found here
- Monday 25th November - Minutes can be found here
- Wednesday 8th January - Minutes can be found here
- Wednesday 5th February - Minutes can be found here
- Wednesday 4th March - Agenda can be found here
- Wednesday 1st April
- Wednesday 6th May
- Wednesday 3rd June
Balshaw's Association PTA Events
We hosted our second Winter Wonderland on Saturday 30th November and it was a great success! You can read more about this fabulous day and see photographs here.
Future Balshaw's Association PTA Events
- Quiz Night - Friday 20th March 7.30pm
- Easter Bingo - Friday 27th March 7.30pm
- Spring Fair and Family Fun Day - Saturday 16th May 11am-3pm
Previous Balshaw's Association PTA Events
- You can read all about Winter Wonderland 2019 here
- You can read all about the Spring Fair and Family Fun Day 2019 here
- You can see photographs from the Spring Fair and Family Fun Day 2018 here
- You can read all about our Spring Fair and Family Fun Day for 2017 here